Sunday, June 8, 2008

Four Points & Allatoona

Sunday is without a doubt, the most exciting part of our week. We started planting Four Points Church back in October of 2007. We came here knowing no body, and quickly found out that we knew little about church planting. So every Sunday, I am truly blown away at how Jesus is growing His church, and how is chooses to teach and grow us. This week was especially exciting. For the past six months, the Four Points Band has consisted mainly of an acoustic guitar, keyboard and a couple of voices. Over the past month we have acquired a bassist, drummer and another guitar player/worship leader. This was the first week that Jason Lefevers led worship at Four Points, and he did a great job! This Sunday was a hallmark week to remember.  After church today Jess and I came to the house and crashed for a couple of hours. After getting in a nice little snooze, we decided to hit up Red Top Mountain park and Lake Alltatoona.  I had never been before, so I was curios to see what this little trip was going to be like. I half expected a bunch of drunk rednecks with their shirts off, fishing off the bank of the lake while their kids played in the mud.  My assumptions were not far off from reality. But the trip was still worth it. Lake Allatoona is beautiful. We had a nice little picnic and then went swimming (well I went swimming, mom to be took pictures). There happened to be a big rock to jump off that made for some good times. 
You can see by the picture that Jess is getting more "pregnant" every day. We officially have a name for our little girl. Halle (pronouced Hall:ee, like Halle Berry) Grace Friesen. Halle is short for Hallelujah, and we cant wait for her to get here.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Mmm, Jess looks adorable. I miss you guys, I hope everything is going well. It sounds like it is. Your daughter and I will share the same birthday month. I can not wait to see little Halle. And I like how you said it is short for Halleluigh. =) I have a blog spot too. So this should leave what it is.
Love you guys
Gabbi